What is a Screen Recorder?
A screen recording or screencast is a digital capture of your computer or mobile screen often with audio. You are able to capture the whole screen or a portion of the screen depending on your requirements. It is also possible to add a talk feature or extra video from your webcam.
Most of the software can capture screenshots from Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, and Chromebook.
And the ones we look at today have a free version as well as paid version. I have listed them in no particular order.
These are my top 4, do you use them or do you have something better? please let me know.
Why should we use screen recorders and why not just embed YouTube videos or use our own video recording tools?
Why use Screen Recorders?
Here are some reasons why you should use video in your business. Embedding videos or making your own from scratch have their places, but screen captures are a great way to “capture” content that has already been done.
- It is exciting and does not require much time. You can also use the basic tool for free,(but after you see the benefits, you might want to upgrade).
- You can quickly create personalized sales materials and product demos with screen recorders. Simple video editors that come standard with these programs can help you customize and enhance your product offerings or explain any written information.
- Video adds a more personal touch to sales. You may close deals faster by using video to engage with your prospects.
- Using videos makes it much easier to communicate ideas and connect with your audience. To engage your audience, send short tailored snippets via email and social media.
- You may strengthen your ties with your employees, customers, and clients by using video. Make it possible for others to hear and see your voice!
- Make use of video to help your team bond. Provide constructive feedback on practiced pitches. Make films instead of script-based training to improve the accuracy and efficiency of your sales training. Highlight your process for a solid training foundation. Better training equates to faster sales.
- You don’t need a creative brief or a big budget to make your own videos.
- Include videos in emails, social media messages, and blog posts to make them more interesting. (In no time, you’ll have a brand-ready video).
To find out more about this you can read one of my past posts here.” Free business Video Tool“
My Top 4 Screen Recorders.
iTop Screen Recorder is an easy-to-use screen recording software with a built-in video editor that allows you to capture and edit every crucial and precious moment in your everyday life. It’s ideal for capturing video conferences, webinars, seminars, presentations, games, and 4K movies, among other things.
Some of the options available are;
- High-quality videos can be recorded on a full or partial screen.
- With a webcam and microphone, you can capture your face and voice in a video for tutorials, games, and more.
- Depending on your preferences, you can either record and store a separate audio file for music or your voice.
- By unticking No Watermark in Settings, you can record without a watermark. It also allows you to personalize your exclusive watermark with your own characters, fonts, colors and sizes to prevent your movies from being copied.
This is free and open-source software for video recording and live streaming. It says you can start downloading and streaming quickly on Windows, Mac or Linux but it could be a bit difficult for some people.
Some options are;
- It provides high-quality real-time video/audio capture and mixing. Create scenes from a variety of sources, such as window grabs, photos, text, browser windows, webcams, and capture cards.
- The streamlined Settings panel provides you with a variety of setup choices to fine-tune every aspect of your broadcast or recording.
- Noise gate, noise suppression, and gain are all per-source filters in this intuitive audio mixer.
- And there’s a lot more.
Free Cam offers a comprehensive range of capabilities for generating professional video lessons and e-Learning presentations that can then be shared on YouTube or saved as a video.
More options are;
- Choose a recording size. You can record your full screen, a specific part of the screen, or just one window.
- Voiceovers. You may easily record a voice-over with your microphone to make your video lesson more informative.
- You may easily record a voice-over with your microphone to make your video lesson more informative.
- You can record the sounds of your programs and applications or add music to your movie as a background.
- To stress essential elements and processes, highlight your mouse cursor and turn on the click sounds.
You may use text, graphics, animations, and more to produce professional-quality videos with Screencast-o-Matic. By deleting frames or superfluous areas and blocking out commercially sensitive or inaccurate information, you can trim, splice, and polish your recordings.
You may also add any overlays, including photos, stock music, and sound effects, and use varied animation to give your film that extra “oomph.”
Using Tech Tools.
There are many tools in the marketplace today and a large number of them offer free versions or at least a free period to test if it is right for you. There are so many changes taking place on a daily basis we must be aware of what is happening.
Not only that, but we must take the time to learn how to use these tools for ourselves and incorporate them into a complete content package for our readers.
Another tool I find is invaluable is this one, converting text to video. You can look here at “How to Convert Text to Video“.
So use the tools and break down the doors of your competition.
We are not just competing with others in our “niche”, we are competing with everybody on the internet. Our first goal is to grab someones attention. Why should they read your blog about “free screen recording tools” when they can read about “Amber and Johnnys’ ongoing pirate battles” in the courtroom. Or how many “joints” Elon smoked with Snoop Dog!!
How do you get someones attention and how do you keep that attention when you have so much content that is titillating and traumatizing on the web?
One thing that can help is video, and if it has been on the screen you can “capture” it and use it with the information you as a professional blogger provide.
Learning is akin to earning, so the more we learn the more we will earn. If you are looking for someone to help you learn these people can help you fast track your online education, and you can jump in and kick the tires for free.
If you do jump in and look around, give me a holler and I will help you “slam some doors” and “kick some tires”.
All the best.
Any or all links on this site may be affiliate links, and if you purchase something through those links I will make a small commission on them.
There will be no extra cost to you and at times due to my affiliation, you could actually save money.
You can read our full affiliate disclosure here.