Habits of Online Shoppers.
If you own a website that is the lifeblood of your finances, the above statement should be very important to you. Understanding who your customers are and their behavior means you have a firm grasp on your business.
When behavioral scientists release new information as to how the motivation of our clients and their behavioral patterns work, we should be paying attention.
What is a behavioral Scientist?
“A behavioral scientist is a trained professional who studies human habits, actions and motivations. You may also refer to professionals in this role as sociologists or social scientists. They use their expertise to observe humans and use their knowledge of human behavior to determine why they might act a certain way.” source; Indeed Human Resources.T
Behavioral Experts say that when launching a new product it helps to make the strange look familiar.
You need to make the familiar strange and the strange familiar to help customers feel comfortable. And while they are feeling comfortable it is easier to transfer knowledge while they are in their comfort zone.
Do you like to shop online?
If you do, you are not alone. Many people enjoy buying things on the Internet because it is fast, easy, and convenient. You can get what you want without leaving your home, and you can choose from many different products. But what makes you decide to shop online? And what are the things that bother you when you do?
We did a study to find out how people shop online and why. We found out that most people who shop online are young (under 40 years old). They like online shopping because it saves them time, they don’t have to go anywhere, and they can find more things to buy than in regular stores.
They mainly buy clothes, accessories, and tickets online. They usually judge the quality of the products by looking at the price and their own experience. They prefer to pay with cash when they get their products delivered. They mostly learn about new products from Facebook ads or from their friends and family.
But not everything is perfect with online shopping. Some people don’t like it because they worry about their privacy and security. They also don’t like that they can’t touch and feel the products before buying them.
So, this is what was learned from our study. We hope this helps you understand online shopping better and maybe even improve your own online shopping experience. Happy shopping.
7 Habits of On-Line Shoppers in bullet points.
- Online shoppers like to save time, get home delivery, and have ease in shopping.
- Online shoppers prefer more variety of products for apparel, accessories, and ticketing than regular stores.
- Online shoppers rely on price and their experience as the basis of the quality judgment of items.
- Online shoppers prefer cash-on-delivery options for payment systems.
- Online shoppers get the information primarily from Facebook advertisements or word of mouth from friends and family.
- Online shoppers don’t like privacy and security issues or the inability to touch and feel the products.
- Online shoppers are influenced by net connectivity, website esthetics, customer reviews, age and learning curve, etc.
Improving the Online Experience For Your Customer.
There are many ways to make your website more attractive, user-friendly and trustworthy for online shoppers. Here are some of the best practices you can follow:
- Make your website mobile-friendly. More and more people are using their smartphones and tablets to shop online, so you need to make sure your website looks good and works well on different devices..
- Provide customer reviews. Online shoppers rely on feedback from other customers to make their purchase decisions. Customer reviews can help you build trust, credibility, and social proof for your products.
- Give a live chat option. Online shoppers may have questions or concerns about your products, shipping, payment or returns. A live chat option can help you provide instant and personalized support, increase customer satisfaction and boost conversions.
- Offer free shipping. Shipping costs can be a major deterrent for online shoppers, especially if they are high or hidden. Offering free shipping can reduce cart abandonment, increase order value and improve customer loyalty.
- Make your site easy to navigate. Online shoppers want to find what they are looking for quickly and easily. You need to make sure your site has a clear and intuitive layout, a simple and effective search function, and relevant filters and categories.
- Use good photos. Online shoppers can’t touch or feel your products, so they rely on photos to see what they are buying. You need to use high-quality, professional, and realistic photos that show your products from different angles and in different contexts.
- Create an easy checkout process. Online shoppers don’t want to waste time or effort on a complicated or lengthy checkout process. You need to make your checkout process as simple, secure, and fast as possible, with options like guest checkout, multiple payment methods, autofill forms, and progress indicators.
- Personalize your customers’ experience. Online shoppers appreciate when you show them that you know them and care about them. You can personalize your customers’ experience by using their names, showing them relevant recommendations, offering them discounts or rewards, and sending them follow-up emails.
These are some of the ways you can improve the online shopping experience for your customers. You can also start with an audit of your website to identify any issues or areas of improvement.
WordPress Plugins to Help the Shoppers’ Online Experience.
As for WordPress plugins, there are many options available that can help you enhance your site for online shopping. Some of the popular ones are:
- WooCommerce is a powerful and flexible plugin that lets you create an online store with various features and integrations.
- WPForms is a user-friendly plugin that lets you create various forms for your site, such as contact forms, order forms, payment forms, and surveys.
- Yoast SEO is a comprehensive plugin that helps you optimize your site for search engines, by improving your site speed, content quality, keywords, meta tags, and more.
- OptinMonster is a conversion optimization plugin that helps you grow your email list, reduce cart abandonment, increase sales, and more.
- MonsterInsights is a Google Analytics plugin that helps you track and analyze your site performance, traffic, conversions, and more.
With so many people thinking about A.I currently the poor customer has somehow taken a backseat. What should be happening is how A.I can be used to benefit the reader or customer but from what I have seen it all seems to be about how it can benefit the business owner by making their job easier, whether it’s collecting data or writing content.
We need to turn this pyramid upside down and focus back on the customer, our lifeblood, and ultimately our boss. And one of the ways we can do this is by getting the best training in both affiliate marketing and A.I. And yes I am biased as I have been with WA for over 2 years. I am making a comfortable amount of money, not millions but enough to enjoy my life.
If you wish to join me, click on the banner below and I would be happy to help you establish yourself as an Affiliate Marketer as well.
As humans we generally try to bash a product or service before we even try it. If you are serious about improving your skills though, I suggest you take up the offer and check out WA before you knock it. You do not have to provide your credit card details upfront ( Which is something I hate) and there is a short training period to help you decide if WA is right for you, or not. If you do come in to look around look for me and I will be happy to show you around.
If you do come in to look around look for me and I will be happy to show you around.
Some links on this site may be affiliate links, and if you purchase something through these links, I will make a commission on them. There will be no extra cost to you and, you could actually save money. Read our full affiliate disclosure here.