Happy Fathers Day June 18th, 2023.
Making Money Online and Father’s Day.
Work and Father’s Day go hand in hand. But it can lead to many unhappy fathers who just wanted a day to relax and unwind.
Would you really want to spend your one day of the year on the computer or relaxing and feeling great?
As much as your father or husband probably loves his work, this is one day, his day, when he will want to relax and enjoy the things he has achieved. And how can YOU help him do that? Relax, pull up a chair, and let me explain.
Father’s Day 2023.
This year Father’s Day falls on Sunday, June 18th so there is no excuse not to give your dad or Hubby the perfect day he deserves. You can start his day with breakfast after you have let him sleep in and then move on to the core activities of the day.
Do you like the sound of cinnamon flapjacks or breakfast enchiladas then check out “The Taste of Home” which has 40 mouthwatering ideas for breakfast for dad at “40 Amazing Fathers Day Breakfast Ideas”
And during breakfast, you can amaze your dad at how erudite you are about Father’s Day with knowledge such as the origins of Father’s Day was started in the United States in the early 20th century. And it was first celebrated on June 19th 1910 in Spokane, Washington by Sonora Smart Dodd. Her father was a civil war veteran and a widower who raised his six children alone.
The idea of Father’s Day was inspired by Mother’s Day which was becoming a National Holiday at this time. The women came first and the men followed.
In 1966, President Lyndon B Johnson said that the third Sunday in June would be officially known as Father’s Day, saying that we look to fathers to “provide the strength and stability which characterize the successful family.” And now it is being undermined by the very same people.
Later Richard Nixon signed legislation saying the 3rd Sunday of June was a national holiday honoring men and known as “Fathers Day”, and it is celebrated around the world but not always on the same day. Do they say “Happy fathers Day’ in North Korea? I do not know, but if they did it would sound something like this,
Click for Google Translate.
Father’s Day Gift Ideas For 2023.
It is better to give than it is to receive. Bollocks, I much prefer getting a tax return than having to pay tax and on Christmas day don’t you have that little calculator ticking away in your head adding and subtracting how much you spent on your brother’s wife and how much that pair of socks you received in return, lol.
So on this one day of the year, you don’t need to worry about dads internal calculator, so splash out and give him what he really wants. But before we get to my “Gift Gem”, here are a few other ideas you may want to consider.
Your Standard Gift Options.
- For dads who enjoy power tools, grilling, or outdoor activities, consider a Pelican cooler, a Blackstone griddle, or a Solo Stove. What I would love. (Come on kids, take note please) is the Pelican cooler. I can wheel it around my backyard and enjoy a cool drink while I am gardening without having to undergo the “glare” while opening and closing the fridge for the 7th time.
You can purchase this cooler from Amazon and you have plenty of time for delivery. click on this link to find out the price and more about this product.
Click the link below.
For dads who enjoy unique and humorous gifts, consider a tie with your face on it, a drink koozie shaped like a life vest, or lip balm with a bacon aroma.
All of which might get you grounded for a month or unable to borrow your dads’ car when you finally get that date with the hottest girl in school. Do you really think these are good Fathers Day presents?
Perhaps the easiest way to get a laugh while alienating your dad forever. You will be the laugh of the party and remember the good times when you see the hottest girl in the school getting in your mates’ dad’s car with your ex-best friend.
And for dads who want to dress comfortably and stylishly, consider, an Alex Crane Sun T-shirt, or a pair of Lululemon ABC Pants.Or a pair of golf pants, all great presents I’m sure. But nothing that will stand out as an exceptional present or an exceptional day. Your dad has just finished a mammoth breakfast and his “Marketing Brain” has kicked into overdrive and is ready to write.
If you want your dad to have a day that is different but still with that “exceptional edge”. Let me show you what I did for my dad many moons ago. And he talked about it for years afterward, not because of cost but for the sheer fun factor for the whole family. And we spent the whole day together in the garden talking, laughing and having a great time.
Who Put The Gin in Begin Work?
Some Infamous Gin Sayings.
If anyone asks, I’m drinking all this gin to collect bottles for some Christmas upcycling ideas I saw on Pinterest…
If you walk a mile in my shoes you’ll end up in a gin bar.
I love water, especially when it’s frozen and surrounded by gin.
Gin won’t solve your problems but then again neither will milk.
Good tonics we bring, to you and your gin, Merry Christmas.
Gin is the perfect drop for Fathers Day.
One of the most popular alcoholic beverages in Britain, gin, is now consumed by a growing number of people worldwide. Gin is traditionally prepared using juniper berries, but there is a growing tendency to vary the botanicals used in its blend, and as a result, a number of artisanal, organic, and herbal-focused businesses are launching their own gins.
Gin is currently distilled worldwide, from “Poltergeist Gin” in Tasmania to “Misty Isle Gin” on the Isle of Skye.
There is a great variety of flavors and botanicals used to make gin from these many nations. And hopefully, your dad is going to sample some of the recipes today.
- Drumshanbo Irish Gin, produced by The Shed Distillery in Co. Leitrim, has an oriental flavor profile and is prepared with gunpowder tea that has been slowly dried as well as lime, lemon, and grapefruit.
- To obtain its reviving, coastal salinity flavor, Dà Mhle Distillery’s Seaweed Gin is steeped in Newquay Coast seaweed for a total of three weeks. It actually has three filters before it is bottled and is made to go well with seafood.
- Anty Gin, created by Cambridge Distillery in partnership with the Nordic Food Lab, is the first insect-based gin ever produced. To balance the strong notes produced by distilling ants, each bottle also contains juniper, wildwood, and nettle in addition to about 62 red wood-ants. To taste the distinctive flavor or amplify the citrus in the spirit, a 5cl dropper of pure ant distillate is offered.
- The award-winning Cocoa Gin from Hotel Chocolat features a peppery and malty edge, with roasted cocoa shell and macadamia nut aromas. This gin has an orange and grapefruit aftertaste that is very zesty.
Or you can use a standard bottle of gin and infuse it with botanicals to alter the taste to your requirements.
My Favorite Gin Mixes.
- Gin and tonic: A simple and refreshing drink made with gin, tonic water, and lime juice. You can use any gin you like, but a premium tonic water will make a difference. To make it, fill a highball glass with ice, add 1 1/2 ounces of gin and 4 ounces of tonic water, and squeeze a lime wedge over it.
- Gin martini: The classic cocktail that showcases the flavor of gin. You can adjust the ratio of gin and dry vermouth to your taste, but a common one is 6 to 1. You can also choose to stir or shake the drink and garnish it with an olive or a lemon twist. To make it, fill a mixing glass with ice, add 3 ounces of gin and 1/2 ounce of dry vermouth, stir or shake well, and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Negroni: A bitter and balanced drink that combines gin, sweet vermouth, and Campari in equal parts. It’s a great aperitif that stimulates the appetite. To make it, fill an old-fashioned glass with ice, add 1 ounce each of gin, sweet vermouth, and Campari, and stir gently. You can also garnish it with an orange peel.
- Gimlet: A sweet and sour drink that mixes gin and lime juice. You can use either fresh or bottled lime juice, but some people prefer to add some sugar or simple syrup to balance the acidity. To make it, fill a cocktail shaker with ice, add 2 ounces of gin and 3/4 ounce of lime juice (and optionally 1/4 ounce of simple syrup), shake well, and strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Bee’s Knees: A honey-flavored drink that dates back to the Prohibition era. It’s made with gin, lemon juice, and honey syrup (which is honey diluted with water). To make it, fill a cocktail shaker with ice, add 2 ounces of gin, 3/4 ounce of lemon juice, and 1/2 ounce of honey syrup, shake well, and strain into a chilled coupe glass. You can also garnish it with a lemon twist.
So now you are armed with all this “Gintastic” information you can make this a day your “dad” will rave about for years to come. Buy your favorite Gin and start that mixing and he will think you are the “Bee’s Knees”
And don’t forget to have the perfect glasses and gin accessories to make it that perfect day.
Cocktail Shaker from Amazon
Highball Gin Glasses. From Amazon
Tongs From Amazon
Ice Bucket From Amazon.
The Gift That Keeps on Giving.
This is for those dads who like to be self-sufficient and want to go that extra mile and do things themselves. This is the ULTIMATE home brew kit made from stainless steel and copper wire. This will bring out the “moonshiner” in your “dad”.
The Home Brew Kit.
“Vevors” copper tube home brewing kit, 13.2Gal/50L Stainless Steel Water Alcohol Distiller. It has a built-in thermometer for homemade whiskey, wine, brandy, or the day’s libation.
Simple to use: A real-time thermometer with a dual-display of Celsius and Fahrenheit is conveniently located on the lid of the alcohol still kit and may be used to check the wine’s temperature while it is being distilled.
Without the use of expert flavoring technology, you can flavor your alcohol to your pleasure by adding spices to the thumper keg. Click on the link to find out more.
Vevors Home Brew Kit From Amazon
Vevors Home Brew Kit From Amazon.
We all need to relax at times and what better day to do it than Fathers Day, don’t forget there are many non-alcoholic versions of your or your dads’ favorite tipple. So you have no excuse to not drag him away from his work for one day and relax and enjoy his special day.
Some links on this site may be affiliate links, and if you purchase something through these links, I will make a commission on them. There will be no extra cost to you and, you could actually save money. Read our full affiliate disclosure here.